My most recent obsession has become finding and trying out delicious Trader Joe’s items I didn’t know of before. I figured I can’t be the only one who enjoys finding hidden gems, so I got the ABQ Mom team involved.
Here’s a list of our favorite items in each category!
- Rice – The rice bags are so easy for a quick side dish. Pop them in the microwave for three minutes and you have perfect white rice, jasmine rice, or brown rice!
- Mandarin Orange Chicken – A long-time favorite among many Trader Joe’s shoppers. There is also a “chicken-less” vegan option.
- Meatballs – Throw these in the crockpot with a homemade or jarred marinara sauce for meatball subs or spaghetti and meatballs.
- Mac and Cheese with Green Chile – This makes an easy lunch with a New Mexican twist.
- Scallion Pancakes (Pa Jeon) – This Korean dish pairs nicely with fried rice or chicken potstickers. They are usually pan-fried, but you can also put them in the air fryer.
- Breaded Fried Ravioli – These ravioli make a delicious meal, side dish, or snack. They are great for the air fryer.
- Hold the Cone! Mini Ice-Cream Cones – These are just the right size for a sweet treat after dinner.
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip – This dip makes a perfect appetizer for a get-together with friends, date night, or just a night in alone.
- Turkey Corn Dogs – Kids and adults alike can agree these are delicious, and you can’t even tell they’re made out of turkey.
- Citrusy-Garlic Seasoning – This can be used as a rub for meats or sprinkled on your favorite vegetables for a unique twist.
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning – This is great on eggs, avocado toast, BLTs, or mixed with cream cheese and sour cream for a fun dip.
- Chili Lime Seasoning – If you’re obsessed with chili lime flavors, you need this seasoning. Put it on fruit, popcorn, veggies, seafood, or anything to add a little sour and spice.
- Pumpkin Pancake Mix (Seasonal) – This is for all pumpkin-spice lovers. Trader Joe’s has so many pumpkin options in the fall.
- Cornbread Mix – For those who love homemade cornbread but don’t want to make it from scratch. This mix is easy to make and a delicious side to soups and stews.
- Baking mixes for fun kid activities – Pick up one of the many varieties of baking mixes for a family activity.
- Pasta sauces – Trader Joe’s has a huge variety of sauces. Some of the more popular ones are the Traditional Marinara, Arrabbiata, Pesto, and Cacio E Pepe.
- Speculoos Cookie Butter – This buyer’s favorite can go on bread, as a sweet dip, or eaten straight out of the jar. It’s gotten so much hype that they now have cookie butter cookies and ice cream.
- Trail Mix Crackers
- Roasted and Salted Marcona Almonds with Rosemary
- Quinoa Stuffed Dolmas
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Nuggets
- Everything but the Bagel Nut Duo
- Chili and Lime Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips
- Sweet Plantain Chips
- Dark Chocolate everything – We probably could have listed every dark chocolate item in the store. The top favorites from the team are the peanut butter cups, sea salt and turbinado almonds, and the pretzels. You can’t go wrong with any chocolate-covered item you find though.
- All the cheese – Trader Joe’s has a huge selection of cheeses to make a beautiful and tasty charcuterie board or just to have for a quick snack. A fan favorite is The Unexpected Cheddar with crackers, in grilled cheese, mac and cheese, or by itself.
- Lemony Arugula Basil Salad Kit – A fresh salad with all the fixings for a healthy and easy side dish.
- Everything and the Elote Greek Style Yogurt Dip – All of your favorite Elote flavors in one dip. It’s yummy with chips, veggies, and even sandwiches.
- Garlic Spread Dip – If you’re a garlic lover, this dip is for you. It is delectable on Trader Joe’s Sourdough bread or as a dip with crackers. It can also be a great addition to pasta.
- Cheese Tortellini – This is a quick and easy meal that even the pickiest eaters love. Add any of the pasta sauces or even plain butter to complete it.
- Rainbow Pears – A beautiful mix of Red D’Anjou, Green D’Anjou, and Bosc pears. Kids love choosing from different colors of fruit.
- Chai Mix
- Pomegranate White Tea
- Henry Hotspur’s Hot Pressed for Cider Rosé
- Wine/Beer Selection
- Sparkling Green and Black Tea
- Seasonal Bakery Items – From seasonal items like Apple Cider Donuts, Gingerbread Filled Cookies, and Chocolate Mousse Cake to everyday favorites, there is always something sweet to find in the bakery section.
- Bread – From gluten-free to sourdough, there are so many bread options to choose just one.
- Hand and Body Lotion – This is the best bang for your buck lotion. It keeps your skin soft and hydrated for about half the price of many other options.
- Flowers and Plants – Trader Joe’s is the place to go for gorgeous floral arrangements or plants at a great price.
- Greeting Cards – Don’t forget to pick up a few greeting cards to have on hand for special occasions.
Looking for a quick dinner idea? Check out these easy weeknight meals with Trader Joe’s items. Let us know what your favorite Trader Joe’s items are!
The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of ABQ Mom, its executive team, other contributors to the site, its sponsors or partners, or any organizations the aforementioned might be affiliated with.