The ABQ Mom team is growing! We are looking to add fresh, diverse voices who are passionate about our city and interested in sharing through writing or social media content creation.
This is a volunteer contributor position, but possible part-time paid opportunities (for members of the team) will be available in the future. There are also some fun perks to make being a part of the ABQ Mom team worthwhile.
The deadline to submit an application has been extended to Friday, April 28th.
Not an experienced writer? Not a problem! We’d love to help you perfect your writing craft. What’s way more important than how you write is that you have something to say.
Do you love New Mexico and know all the ins and outs of this place to help create amazing community resources for our audience?
Are you interested in interviewing local women and sharing their stories?
Do you have a perspective on life and parenting that’s worth sharing? (Spoiler alert . . . you do.)
Are you a hoot on social media and love making TikToks and Reels?
Do you have a beautiful story to tell?
Do you think deeply about ideas and want to explore them?
Do you have tips, tricks, DIY projects, recipes, or other practical things to share?
If you answered yes to any of these, then maybe it’s time to share your voice.
Perhaps you really know the ins and outs of Albuquerque. Maybe you love this place and really want to see it flourish. There is space for you on this team! We need researchers who would love to compile resources. Where are the best coffee spots, playgrounds with shade, Halloween events, pools & spray parks . . . you get the idea.
What We Are Looking For
Albuquerque is such a beautiful mix of people of different cultural, racial, ethnic, linguistic, and religious backgrounds. We desire to continue to build a team that reflects the diversity of our vibrant city.
We are interested in receiving applications from women of all walks of life, seasons, and stages; but here are a few target roles we hope to fill with this writer call:
- Diverse perspectives in color, ethnicity, age ranges, family types, etc.
- Moms who love creating video content on social media (Reels, TikToks, Vlogs, etc.).
- Moms of babies or expecting moms.
- Moms of teens and pre-teens.
- Researchers — moms who love to compile a list of resources and info.
- Single moms.
We’re looking for moms in the Albuquerque area who love our community and want to see it thrive, are passionate about motherhood, and enjoy writing and/or creating unique and fun social media content.
What Our Contributors GIVE
- Original content submitted monthly.
* One full-length blog post or video blog (vlog) per month
* Or two shorter pieces of content per month including but not limited to microblogs, TikToks, Reels, memes, etc.
- Twelve-month commitment (May 2023-April 2024).
- An active presence on social media.
- Your presence, when possible, at ABQ Mom events.
- Availability for occasional contributor meetings (with food and fun and new friends, of course).
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Albuquerque area (where you also live, of course).
- Social media posts on their own platforms in exchange for free experiences, products, or services from some of our local partners.
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible, & fun attitude.
What Our Contributors GET
- Your photo and bio on the ABQ Mom Meet Our Team page and at the end of every post you write (with links to your personal blog, business, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them).
- Voice and influence with an established readership.
- A professional headshot and team photo shoot with ABQ Mom.
- Potential opportunity to test products, attend business openings, and/or visit local businesses for review purposes.
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management (as available).
- Access to pre-sale tickets and oftentimes free entry to ABQ Mom events.
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, and new friends! (We have a good self-esteem and think we’re a pretty fun bunch!)
What To DO
- Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you within one to two weeks of the deadline.
The last day to apply is Wednesday, April 26.The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, April 28.
- Applications without a writing or social media sample will not be considered.
Applications are now closed.